The 1939 Cancer Act is a little-known piece of legislation designed to prevent anyone advertising cancer cures to patients and the public. The Cancer Act 1939 is an Act of Parliament of the United Kingdom passed in 1939 to make further provision for the treatment of cancer.
This Blog came about after numerous discussions on Facebook about cancer, oncology and chemotherapy. I was the odd one out, expressing a different thought on cancer and available cures, against many zealots on the matter. Most people I interacted with trusted oncologists and concluded that chemotherapy saved their lives. Plus analysts and researchers professed their one and only true wisdom on earth as they have “scientific proof” and knowledge. A few comments that supported my views were made by other members, but they were ignored by the mainstream commentators.
“Scientific proof”, similar to controlling economies, can easily be manipulated. First of all, what the reader must ask is: who writes and controls papers on scientific evidence? In reality there is only one “employer” and that is Big-Pharma. The pharmaceutical industry is the largest contributor to funding research, funding over 60 percent. The government (1) contributes to about a third of the costs, with foundations, advocacy organizations and individual donors responsible for the remaining investments. The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) published a study in January 2010, where they estimated that U.S. biomedical research currently stands at about over $100 billion annually (and that is only for USA).
As Big-Pharma are paying for researches and a lot more and results could mean massive profits for the manufacturer and the shareholders (millions of shareholders with billions of funds involved), it is Big-Pharma interest only to publish ‘good news’ for its products and to quash anything else that suggests the opposite or could cause harm to their profits. Big-Pharma provides money and equipment to Universities and Hospitals, which translates into jobs and salaries. This simply means that researchers do what they are told. Those that select to go against Big-Pharma, because they do not agree with what they are told to do, they simply get fired (many are shamed) or have funds withdrawn.
Almost all official “scientific proof” is manipulated. Welcome to the real world.
Many scientific tests have gone wrong and occasionally these tests have made the headlines but the public prefer to ignore and to forget about them. The public seems to accept medical failures for the benefit of humanity. There were no benefits when 47,500 Indian children became crippled with polio vaccine supplied by Bill Gates. (2) And that is only one ”incident”.
In a New York Times article (Jan. 23, 2018) it is stated that only 34 percent of the population have faith in allopathic doctors and medicine. And yet, a very large portion of the population has great faith in western medicine as: 1) doctors know, 2) doctors have studied, 3) there is science (scientific proof) behind it. To discuss any of these three points would mean a whole new Blog. Let’s just say that western medicine has made a massive marketing effort on all fronts and for over 100 years, to install in people’s mind that what they say and do is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (and it can hardly be challenged).
What, of course, doesn’t come out on any news or magazine is how many people die (literally, millions) due to medical incompetence, malpractice and negligence (3) and how billions in payments are paid out every year in lawsuits. Don’t you find it odd that any treatment carried out outside conventional medicine gets crucified by all media and makes the front pages, while allopathic failures are only occasionally found at the bottom of the page in small print? We all know someone that has been failed by allopathic medicine, but we mostly choose to shrug our shoulders. Medical incompetence is clearly detailed in many books written by doctors like Dr. Atul Gawande, Dr. Desmond Allen, Dr. H. O. Vetter and Dr. Adam Kay. Why doesn’t the public consider what these doctors write?
Why books like “Some Doctors Make You Sick: Scandal of Medical Incompetence”, written in 1988 by Stephen Rice should cost almost £300 to buy? Someone is making it difficult for the public to gain access to certain books!
Many of the people posting comments on Facebook, were cancer sufferers but I have some doubts if the profile of those that were very aggressive towards me were actually real profiles. After all, it is Big-Pharma that runs the show with loads of money and influence, worldwide. It takes little effort to engage trolls.
People react to cancer diagnosis in different ways. While some may seek a way out, others take it as a death sentence. Many have chosen to fight on and have come out to declare that cancer is not a death sentence. They stay positive throughout their cancer battle.
The idea that by adopting a fighting spirit, cancer patients improve their chances for survival predates its endorsement by positive psychology. Yet, if true, the idea epitomizes the triumph of character and attitude over biology that is so key to a positive psychology of cancer. Fighting spirit is characterized by patients optimistically viewing cancer as a challenge and having a determination to fight the cancer and not to allow it to disrupt their lives.
The allopathic view to cancer is straight forward: surgery followed by therapy, usually chemotherapy. Most physicians and patients are happy to go via this route. Physicians knowledge is very limited (4) and they never see the need to investigate how the patient developed cancer in the first place. A biopsy only determines the presence or extent of a disease. Many cures have been a trial and error for centuries. Despite discoveries on alleged cures for the last seventy years and almost weekly headlines, the bottom line and small print rest, in almost all cases, that there is no cure apart from “consoling” tests on mice.
Dr. Desmond Allen wrote, in his book “A cure is not welcome” this paragraph about Chemotherapy: – “This lack of informed patient consent, solely the result of inadequate information from the physician to the patient, is apparently a standard part of cancer treatment. According to the American Society of Clinical Oncology, cancer patients and their physicians agree on the goal of chemotherapy less than half the time. A research team from the University of Wisconsin Medical School determined that although patients appreciated the risks involved in chemotherapy they did not have a clear understanding of its benefits or of possible alternatives to the chemotherapy. Some 65% of the patients believed that chemotherapy was a cure, while their physicians consider it merely palliative. Even when both agreed on the goal of therapy the patients still had a much higher expectation of success than did their physicians (82% vs. 59%). In spite of this obvious ignorance on the patient’s part, 91% of the patients and 84% of the physicians “were satisfied with the patient’s understanding of the burdens and benefits of chemotherapy”.
On a private note. A friend of mine, after surgery for a total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, was told to undergo chemotherapy. The oncologist suggested eight treatments; her doctor said… “try a few”. After the first one she decided not to have any more chemotherapy treatments. The oncologist insisted – ‘at least have three’! On average they cost around $800 each, it is a big business. If three would have sufficed, why suggest eight?
From the Department of Radiation Oncology, Northern Sydney Cancer Centre, a paper titled “The contribution of cytotoxic chemotherapy to 5-year survival in adult malignancies”, came up with these statistics: “The overall contribution of curative and adjuvant cytotoxic chemotherapy to 5-year survival in adults was estimated to be 2.3% in Australia and 2.1% in the USA. It is clear that cytotoxic chemotherapy only makes a minor contribution to cancer survival. To justify the continued funding and availability of drugs used in cytotoxic chemotherapy, a rigorous evaluation of the cost-effectiveness and impact on quality of life is urgently required”.
There are almost 200 different chemotherapy drugs (did I mention big business?). Below is a very small list of the drugs used in Chemotherapy. All drugs have side effects and toxicity. Amongst some of these drugs there is also “mustard gas”. [During World War II, naval personnel who were exposed to mustard gas during military action were found to have toxic changes in the bone marrow cells that develop into blood cells. … That drug was the predecessor of methotrexate, a cancer treatment drug used commonly today]. Derivatives of mustard gas drugs include Mechlorethamine, Cyclophosphamide, Chlorambucil, Melphalan and Ifosfamide. Hydrazines and Triazines: Altretamine, Procarbazine, Dacarbazine and Temozolomide.
Some of the drugs offered for Chemotherapy:
• Abraxane (chemical name: albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)
• Adriamycin (chemical name: doxorubicin)
• BENDAMUSTINE HCL (Generic Name: bendamustine, hydrochloride)
• BUSULFEX (Generic Name: busulfan)
• CARAC (Generic Name: fluorouracil, 5-FU, 5-fluorouracil)
• carboplatin (brand name: Paraplatin)
• Cytoxan (chemical name: cyclophosphamide)
• daunorubicin (brand names: Cerubidine, DaunoXome)
• Doxil (chemical name: doxorubicin)
• Ellence (chemical name: epirubicin)
• EMCYT (Generic Name: Estramustine)
• fluorouracil (also called 5-fluorouracil or 5-FU; brand name: Adrucil)
• FUDR (Generic Name: Floxuridine)
• Gemzar (chemical name: gemcitabine)
• Halaven (chemical name: eribulin)
• Ixempra (chemical name: ixabepilone)
• L-SARCOLYSIN (Generic name: phenylalanine mustard)
• methotrexate (brand names: Amethopterin, Mexate, Folex)
• Mechlorethamine (Trade name: Mustargen) – Nitrogen Mustard
• Mitomycin (chemical name: mutamycin)
• mitoxantrone (brand name: Novantrone)
• MUTAMYCIN (Generic Name: Mitomycin, Mitomycin-C, MTC)
• Navelbine (chemical name: vinorelbine)
• Taxol (chemical name: paclitaxel)
• Taxotere (chemical name: docetaxel)
• thiotepa (brand name: Thioplex)
• vincristine (brand names: Oncovin, Vincasar PES, Vincrex)
• Xeloda (chemical name: capecitabine)
• The taxanes Taxol and Taxotere use solvents to dissolve paclitaxel, the main ingredient, so the medicine can enter the bloodstream. These solvents may make Taxol and Taxotere difficult to tolerate while being given. People usually take pre-medications to minimize reactions to the solvents. Instead of a solvent, the paclitaxel in Abraxane is suspended in albumin, a protein, which may make it easier to take without the need for pre-medication.
• Adriamycin/ Doxil / Mitoxantrone can have a toxic effect on the heart. You should be tested for heart problems before starting these drugs and should be continuously monitored for developing problems during treatment.
• Mustargen is the trade name for Mechlorethamine. Nitrogen Mustard, Mustine, and Mechlorethamine Hydrochloride are other names for Mechlorethamine. In some cases, health care professionals may use the trade name Mustargen or other names Nitrogen Mustard, Mustine, and Mechlorethamine Hydrochloride when referring to the generic drug name Mechlorethamine
• Vincristine is made from the periwinkle plant. [Periwinkle is UNSAFE. It can cause side effects such as nausea, vomiting, and other stomach and intestinal symptoms. It can also cause nerve, kidney, and liver damage].
All drugs have toxic side effects, but some exhibit toxicity at low doses. Under all circumstances, an evaluation of all available data should be conducted to protect health care workers (sod the patients). In evaluating mutagenicity for potentially hazardous drugs, responses from multiple test systems are needed before precautions can be required for handling such agents.
Drugs receive approvals by the FDA but they can also be withdrawn without warnings. 15 drugs were removed from the 2010 FDA approved list. Nine of these are no longer available in the U.S., two are radio-pharmaceuticals that are regulated by the Nuclear Regulatory Agency and require special handling, and four are determined to not meet the criteria for a hazardous drug as defined by NIOSH. The OSHA hazard communication standard requires hazardous drugs to be handled using special precautions. Note, these 15 drugs were withdrawn AFTER treatments on patients.
Some chemotherapy and targeted therapy drugs may cause skin problems, including redness, blistering, itching, peeling, dryness, rashes, acne, and sensitivity to the sun. Some targeted therapy drugs can also cause an extensive rash over the face, neck, and chest. Most of these skin problems go away after treatment is finished, but symptoms of an allergic reaction, including sudden or severe itching, rash, or hives. Radiation may cause skin to become red, irritated, and swollen, which might worsen to become blistered, peeling, or even open sores. Most skin reactions to radiation slowly go away after treatment, although skin may remain darker than it was before. [Source: – American Cancer Society]
· abdominal pain
· allergic reactions
· anemia (low red blood cell count)
· appetite changes
· bone or joint pain
· difficulty swallowing
· fluid retention
· hair changes
· hair loss
· hair thinning
· hand-foot syndrome
· heart problems
· increased risk of bleeding from low platelet count
· kidney damage
· low white blood cell count
· memory loss
· mouth or throat sores
· mouth sores
· muscle or joint pain
· muscle pain
· nail changes
· neuropathy (nerve damage)
· numbness in the fingers and toes (neuropathy)
· low white blood cell count
· skin discoloration
· skin sensitivity
· sores in mouth or on lips
· stomach pain
· susceptibility to infection
· swelling (edema)
· taste changes
· taste changes, metallic taste in mouth during infusion
· vision or eye problems
· watery eyes
· watery eyes
· weight loss
· irregular periods — this can include temporary cessation (usually resume after medication is completed) or permanent cessation of menstrual periods depending on your age and other factors
When should patients notify their physician?
Difficulty breathing, wheezing
· Swelling of the throat
· Swelling of facial features
· Hives, skin rash, itching
· Flu or cold-like symptoms: fever, chills, sore throat, cough
· Signs of infection – redness, swelling, pus, tenderness
· Prolonged nausea or vomiting
· Extreme or prolonged diarrhea
· Painful urination
· Yellowing of the skin or eyes
· Prolonged or severe mouth sores
· Unexplained bleeding or bruising
· Black, tarry stools
· Blood in the urine or stool
· Extreme, prolonged fatigue
· Redness, pain or swelling at injection site
· Unusual lumps or masses
· Weight loss
There you have it, above, from medical journals and books. There is much more to it but, as a general guideline, it is really all you need to know.
There are many doctors that don’t believe in allopathic medicine and are critical of treatments. A few names include Dr. Desmond Allen, Dr. Atul Gawande, Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, Dr. Guylaine Lanctot, Dr. Loraine Day, Dr. Rudolph Ballentine, Dr. Stuart Berger, Dr. Joseph Mercola, Dr. Stan Guberman, Dr. Ty Bollinger but there are many more.
Dr. James Forsythe, an oncologist who also is a board-certified Doctor of Homeopathy finds an amazing success rate by using an herbal product in conjunction with a liquid complex. Dr. Forsythe conducted a study with 350 patients, all with Stage IV cancers. Breast and Prostate cancer showed an 85% success at 4 years out. Traditional chemotherapy has 2.1% success rate at 5 years out. [This is only one of many examples of what is available out there. I am not suggesting that what Dr. Forsythe is offering is “the cure” but I would like to encourage the reader to carry out own research and evaluation as there are actually cures out there].
Dr. Francisco Contreras (oncologist and surgeon) is one of many doctors running private hospitals. These centres don’t use drugs but they use herbs. During a recent seminar, Dr. Contreras confirmed that their success rate, overall, is 78% on all patients. Many patients are cured with herbs and never have chemotherapy treatments. The reason why cancer survivors don’t go public is because Big-Pharma restrain any attempt to publicise such events. Big-Pharma, via media coverage do, however, publicise alternative medicine failures as a scare and for the ridicule of the public.
Some herbal remedies are simply preposterous and bogus treatments can be harmful too. Cruel deceptions include Baking soda, Flaxseed and Castor oil, Ginseng, Black walnuts and many more. In many ways, Chemotherapy is no more of a cruel deception than some of these herbs, but what the “system offers” is improper scientific evidence. As per allopathic doctors, it is important to remember that some “herbal doctors” are, unfortunately, charlatans that prey on the vulnerable.
Please keep in mind that Cancer (and not only cancer) is a massive business worth billions every year. Some jump on the money making bandwagon seeing the opportunity to write a book or offering a miraculous cure. As per all those medical cures that don’t exist or that are still being tested on mice, the same hope is often portrayed in books. Many suggestions of a cure in these books are outrageous and should be legally challenged in Law Courts. Sadly, many suffers need hope and they buy such books.
A young Australia woman, named Carissa Gleeson, was given 50/50 chance of survival on “traditional allopathic medicine”. Her views are summed up in this analogy: “If you walk into a restaurant, and they only have three things on the menu but you don’t like any of them, you are going to walk out and find another restaurant”. “When I say three things, I am referring to chemotherapy, radiation and surgery because they are the only three things offered by conventional medicine when you have been diagnosed with cancer.” “There is a lot more out there that can be more effective, every cancer is different but you have to find what’s right for you. And you have to believe and trust in what you are doing.” On that last point, some patients will know more about a specific disease than doctors.
One last statistic from Cancer Research UK.
There are around 164,000 cancer deaths in the UK every year, that’s around 450 every day; just ponder for a minute on this deaths, please. In 2014-2016, around 363,484 individuals have been diagnosed with cancer; do your own maths. These are official statistics, those that most Facebook members refuse to acknowledge. All of the 164,000 are not able to post any comments on Facebook on how doctors have been great, how chemotherapy has saved their lives and so on.
Only by acknowledging facts one should be able to support and entertain an open discussion with the view to evaluate all possible and sensible solutions. Wishing good health to everyone!
Ps. The key word is prevention, stay healthy!
- It’s no secret that the pharmaceutical industry spends a significant amount of money lobbying state and federal governments to gain leverage that will benefit individual companies and the industry overall. New reports show just how significant that amount of money was for 2018. Last year, more than $220 million was spent attempting to sway lawmakers. PhRMA, the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, spent a record $27.5 million on lobbying efforts in 2018, beating the previous record set in 2009 ahead of the passage of the Affordable Care Act, Bloomberg reported. PhRMA is the trade association representing the pharmaceutical industry, and companies like Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Johnson & Johnson, Eli Lilly and more. In 2009, PhRMA spent about $25 million lobbying the government, Bloomberg said. [Source: BioSpace – Jan 24, 2019]
- GATES, a supporter of Monsanto is obviously not interested in health or he wouldn’t be involved with disease-causing GMOs that come with an incredibly toxic pesticide (Roundup). So, it’s understandable that his is not comfortable with people asking basic questions about safety of his multi-trillion dollar vaccine empire, with the companies involved up making not just any vaccines but GMO-vaccines and up to their necks in crimes, both historic and current. [Source: EbolaGate]
- Science is concerned with universalities, universal truths, laws of how the body or the world behaves. Application, however, is concerned with the particularities, and the test is how the universalities apply to the particularities. And here Gorovitz and MacIntyre saw a third possible kind of failure. Besides ignorance, besides ineptitude, they said that there is necessary fallibility, some knowledge science can never deliver on. [Dr. Gawande “Why doctors fail”]
- Narrowly trained our physicians are taught the art of surgery and the administration of drugs; tools designed to manage and suppress symptoms, not to cure disease. For medicine to recognize disease it must be diagnosable. You are not sick until the day the physician can diagnose something. Modern medicine has no way of recognising or diagnosing disease when your health is in its initial decline. We are considered sick only after the problem has become serious enough to produce symptoms that fit neatly into one of medicine’s disease categories. [Raymond Francis, “Never be sick again”]